Once Upon A Time...
- xxxxxI remember my life, as fragmented as it was. Putting together pieces to an elaborate puzzle that I'm still trying to put together--and still never being able to make out the grander picture. The so called 'big picture' is still a mystery to me. Of my past, I remember these things. I lived in a bustling town of Aleswich, Maine. I came from a moderate family. I had a mother, a father, and sisters. My favorite was my twin, Sasha. I had more aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews than I could count on both hands and toes. My name is Aaron Christopher Fletcher, and my family helped found the city I called home for much of my young life.
- xxxxxBut lives change when you get older. You take on new interests. You find love. You break up. You go to college. You long for a future. None of these things happened when I neared towards the journey of my young adult life. While my life changed--it was mysterious at first, frightening the next, violent thereafter, and left me forever wondering why this happened to not just me but to my sister as well. Maybe it was because we were twins and our lives were inseparable as children. Perhaps it was because it was Tuesday. I will never be able to fathom the real understanding for both of our lives stolen from us and made into things more monster than man.
- xxxxxWe found ourselves someplace else on the random day in our childhood after school. The road we normally took was no longer our road, and we ended up...there are many names to describe where Sasha and I ended up on a random day after school. Paradise to some. Hell to others. Neverwhere to the literary clever. I call it the Elsewhere. In the end, it doesn't matter the name; because the feeling is the same for all. We were Lost. We were such for so long that we forgot what it was meant to be human. To have human comforts, human social graces, human desires, human fears, human hopes, and human dreams. We were actors for a director that never truly explained the stage we were on. We performed for entertainment. We performed for out lives and found our way back to the world we once called home. Yet home was not home anymore. It was different. It was stranger one minute and wonderful the next; and more dangerous than before. I won't bore you with the further minutiae of every detail and every experience I lived since my time pass the Hedge and beyond the briars and thorns in the Elsewhere. I had a doppelganger roaming the streets of Boston; and while you will hear multiple tales told about how it suffered once I found it. It's tiny tick-tock clock I carry with my as a reminder of one that was Lost and found a desire to reclaim his life (or as much of it as he could). I am Aaron Fletcher, doctor of psychiatry, founder and executive director of the Garrick Fletcher Memorial Clinic, adjunct professor of psychology at Aleswich University, and ever present pleasant face for my family.
- xxxxxI returned to my family. A family that had grown sparse and quiet and almost non-existent. They were as lost as I was. We helped each other. In helping form stable places that the family could grow and become strong once more, they helped me find purpose and a part of my humanity once more. I turned to a profession of mental medicine, and helped provide access to those without. I established connections. I found allies. And there were many dangers that occurred during my return. Many things that human minds could not explain. I did my best to use those as tools for dangers yet to come. Those of my family that did not share my name I also helped--as they were going to suffer the worst of those things yet to come. I studied the dangers and did my best to prepare for the worst. Problem with that is that no matter how much you prepare, you still are unprepared or when the worse happens.
† Fletcher: Aaron is born to the Fletcher family that helped establish The Reach. Are you one? Are you one of his Passamaquoddy cousins across the pond? Did we know one another growing up? Did we attend high school together as kids?
† Mental Medicine: Aaron has a string of educational titles attached to his name. After receiving his B.A. in Psychology from Boston College, he received a both a M.A. in Developmental Psychology, and his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Maine, as well completed his psychiatry residency at a clinic in Portland, Maine. Are you a doctor? Has he met you at various seminars? Were you one of his patients? Fellow classmate?
† Nightmare Made Flesh: Prior to his senior year, Aaron was taken to a place that can only be described as nightmare fuel. He learned to survive, and eventually escaped through the Hedges of Faerie, and ended up back in the "real world," but at the cost of becoming a monster made flesh. He is a Changeling of the Autumn Court. There is even stories told of his time in Boston, where he stalked, tormented, tortured, and eventually killed (he prefers the term released) his Fetch to reclaim his life--or what was left of it. Were you in Boston the same time Aaron was? Were you a Changeling "guest" to the Tale-Telling King like Aaron?
† Journeyman for the Supernatural: You don't grow up as a Fletcher, held prisoner in Faerie, and pledge yourself to the Autumn Court without picking up a thing here and there about the supernatural world around you. Though Aaron's perspective is one focused more on ghosts and the Underworld, it doesn't stop him from sampling other supernatural flavors.
† Occult: For whatever reasons, Aaron seems to gravitate towards the occult and its many wonderful supernatural flavors. He is member to organizations/groups that lend themselves to occultic intent. Depending on who you know, or the whispers in the shadows, Aaron is member of the Order of the Black Crow.
† Ghosts, Sin-Eaters, and the Underworld: Aaron occult stock leans more towards those things relating to ghosts, paranormal activities, the Underworld, and remaining on the fringe of activities involving Sin-Eaters--those that have made 'pacts' with Ghosts for a new lease on life.
✥ Lee ...
Friends & Colleagues
✥ Miss Bryce:
✥ Miss Redbird:
✥ Miss Heterochromia:
companion in mysteries
Anubis Zasalamel, the Guardian of Gateways. Anubis is...
dream cheat sheet
The Plunge: 1 Glamour allows the oneirophysic to plunge immediately into a lucid dream state, entering the dreams of a sleeper she is in physical contact with.
- If contact is broken or the oneiropomp's body disturbed, roll res + comp + wyrd at the beginning of each turn to maintain the dream
- Exceptional success = dream maintained for full scene
- Failure = she awakens and is at -2 for all actions for the remainder of the scene due to disorientation
Dream Invading - The old fashioned way.
- 1 Glamour (with an active dreamwork pledge)
- Extended res + comp roll (16 succs needed)
- Res + Comp again to awaken (for oneiropomp)
- Lucid Dreamers can try to awaken (their Res + Comp VS my Wits + Emp + Wyrd)
- Non-lucud dreamers are stuck for it.
- Dreamer's wits + resolve
- 9/again on Recurring & Memory dreams
- 8/again Recurring Memory dreams
- Wits + Occult + Wyrd + Intensity to determine if prophetic (only an exceptional grants knowledge of how likely it is to happened and how to avoid it. Changes to a prophetic dream end it immediately; considered unlucky by dreamworkers).
- Scouring intensity is wits + emp + wyrd - intensity. Dropping below 1 ends the dream (oneiropomp can spend a WP to maintain)
- If the Intensity is higher than the dreamer's WP, no WP regain upon awakening/wake screaming.
- The # of Derangements subtract from WP requirement (2 derangements = 5WP dreamer needing only a 3 Intensity dream) and nightmares generally focus on aspects of their derangements.
- Wits + emp + intensity
- 1 succ = 1 trigger.
- 1 week effect
- For that week, oneiropomp has total succs as bonus dice to all manip rolls against dreamer.
Learn the Dreamer
- Wits + Emp + Wyrd
- Extended, 1 roll per night.
- Each five succs = learning 1 detail about the dreamer (virtue, vice, derangement, WP, mental/social merit, mental/social flaw)
- Wits + emp + wyrd
- Each night of dream work = 1 week of psychotherapy
- 1 Glamour, Wits + Emp + Wyrd VS dreamer's Wits + Resolve
- Intensity of resulting dream is net succs of contested roll
- Or lazy way is scour to 0, pay 2 Glamour.
“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
† The Litany Against Fear, Frank Herbert's Dune (1965)
|Date of Birth:
||November 1, 1981
||Manager of Brewed Awakening
||Fletcher (Status irrelevant}
“Here is a list of fearful things: The jaws of sharks, a vulture's wings, The rabid bite of the dog's of war, The voice of one who went before. But most of all the mirror's gaze, which counts us out our numbered days.”
||Razorhand / Gravewight
||Autumn (Mantle: )
||Lord Sage of the Unknown Reaches
||Sin-Eaters, Ghosts, et. al.
||The King of Tales & Terror
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."
† Edgar Allen Poe
||Area of Experties: Psychopathology •
Eidetic Memory ••
Trained Observes •••
Faerie Healing ••
Light Weapons ••
Fighting Finesse: Knives ••
Perfect Stillness •
Lethal Mien: Claws ••
Status: Black Crows ••••
+ Reach History
+ Hedge Fruits
+ Underworld Lore
||+ Moving in Darkness
||+ Hedge Wilderness
Mack the Knife - The Threepenny Opera
- There are some who are in darkness
- And the others are in light
- And you see the ones in brightness
- Those in darkness drop from sight
Facade (Reprise #3) - Jekyll and Hyde
- If you live around here,
- Lotsa people, I fear,
- Will make promises
- They will not honour, my dear,
- An' the truth is,
- You end up getting scarred!
- There's a beast at the door,
- An' he's wild an' he's free,
- But we don't let him in,
- 'Cause we don't want to see
- what is lurking
- Right behind the façade!