Useful Skills, Suggested Vocations
This list is intended to help people springboard their creativity in developing character ideas for the new world. Feel free to use anything you really like! If you have your own plan, run with it. Feel free to expand this, I cannot think of everything.
- Woodsman - Anyone who knows their way around in the (now very dangerous) woods. Needed to guide parties, collect wood, search for useful plants. Hunters and trappers.
- Farmers (Plant or meat)
- Gardeners of all kinds
- Ex-soldiers willing to train up for scouting, exploring or defense.
- Cops.other police - may be retraining to defend the area.
- Sailors, anyone with navigation experience.
- People who study the monsters and figure out their weaknesses.
- People who can cook or bake.
- Butchers who can handle meat preparation and preservation.
- Someone who knows how to mill wheat and other grains.
- Still Operators.
- People who can can or otherwise preserve food.
- Glass Blowers
- Former construction workers.
- Weavers and Spinners
- Blacksmith - works in iron.
- Finesmith - Works in precious metals.
- Printing-press operators.
- Repairmen and techs of all kinds to keep machines and equipment running.
- Doctors and Nurses
- Veterinarians, with a likely demand for large-animal vets.
- Herbal and energy Healers. (Reiki is more replaceable then Morphine for chronic pain...)