Jump to navigation Jump to search
Staff Responsibilities & Staff Rights:
- It is the responsibility of staff to behave in a way that fosters respect and trust internally between staff members and between staff and players. Be professional, be fair, be objective. You are the person who should take the high road, do not reply to a player in a tone of disdain or anger. Do not be on duty when your judgement is impaired by either emotion or substances.
- All players on this game have the right to privacy. Do not wander around the grid dark and go into public or private scenes without announcing yourself. No summoning players without asking. No @forcing players (or other staffers) without explaining why it is necessary and what you are doing. No giving out personal (OOC) information of any player to another player on the game. The only time there will be exceptions to any of these things is when the safety of the game is threatened.
- Avoid the appearance of impropriety. This is a difficult thing because it is subjective but whenever possible err on the side of caution. Be aware of how things might look or be perceived as it is to do the right things. Transparency is essential, do so when at all possible. Never put staff ethics in doubt, do the right thing.
- Don’t be afraid to admit your mistakes, everyone makes mistakes. If you misjudge something or do something that on second thought feels that you’ve stepped away from the expectations of this game, tell someone and allow it to be rectified. We will respect your honesty.
- Be kind when at all possible. Be respectful at all times. Do not snark behind people’s backs. Do not badmouth other staff or players of this game on any channel. Attempt to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and be a good example.
- Staff has the right to play their own characters on this game and to enjoy the opportunity to tell stories and enjoy RP. Staff have the right to privacy themselves and the right to have time off-duty from their responsibilities. Off-duty staff should not be paged unless they have expressly given permission for this, and no dark staffer is required to respond to pages when they are dark.
- Members of Staff have the right to time off but they also have a responsibility to the player base that they agreed to take on upon joining Staff on Safe Haven Harbor. As such if a staff member has not logged onto their staff bit in 2 weeks time without word or explaination, efforts will be made to contact them off-game. If such efforts fail and the person has not logged into their bit in three weeks, the staff member in question will be removed from staff.
Player Responsibilities & Rights:
- Players have the responsibility to treat staff and other players in a polite and respectful fashion and to follow the expectation of behavior: Don’t be a Dick.
- All players have the right to an appeal regarding a judgment. If a judgment is made regarding something that does not match the initial criteria noted above (being fair, professional and objective), it is the player's responsibility to appeal, but all appeals will be taken into consideration.
- All players have the right to leave a character when they wish. They are not obligated to stay if they are no longer enjoying themselves.
- All players have the right to freedom from harassment. If a player feels harassed, do not take this lightly. One person's view of harassment might not match another's, but it is important to consider the feelings involved.
- All players have the right to ask for another judge if they feel that their current judge is somehow not meeting the aforementioned criteria, or if they feel that their current judge may cause a potential conflict of interest (CoI).
- All players have the freedom to play the way they want to play, with regards to the theme of the game.
- All players have the right to a meeting with Headstaff if they wish to discuss something that they feel is important. This can be through the +req/complaint system or through a real-time meeting.
- Most of all, all players have the right to enjoy themselves.